Scott Hollinger began his career as a Currency Trader at top-tier banks Barclays Capital and Bank of America-Merrill Lynch. After a successful career with investment banks trading the worldâ€™s major currencies, he now works as Chief Investment Officer of a private family office based in Singapore, investing in equities, fixed income, currencies and commodities.
Scott has traded gold both professionally in the course of managing funds and personally as part of his private investment portfolio. He has traded all the popular forms of gold including physical gold, spot gold (XAU), paper gold, exchange-traded funds (ETFs) and futures contracts.
In The Gold Guru, Scott describes the various means of buying gold, summarizing each alternative by listing its pros and cons and for which type of investor the method best suits. This book was written for an audience that already knows they want to buy gold and are pursuing the most optimal means. The book was not intended to convince investors on the merits of buying gold, nor when investors should time their gold purchases and sales in order to maximize profits.
Table of Contents
2. Author & Introduction
3. LBMA Good Delivery Bars - the Gold Bars You See in the Movies
4. One Troy Ounce and the Spot Price of Gold
5. How to Buy Gold, Not Why nor When
6. Why Gold Jewelry is the Worst Investment Ever
7. Definitions: Liquidity, Premium over Spot Price, Spreads
8. The Right Gold Instrument For You
9. Gold Coins
10. Gold Bullion
11. Paper Gold, Gold Savings Accounts, Passbook Gold
12. Gold Certificates
13. Gold Exchange-Traded Funds
14. Spot Gold Currency (XAU)
15. Gold Futures Contracts
17. Questionable Gold Investments & Recent Gold Scams
18. Appendix â€“ Storing Silver for a Doomsday Scenario
19. Appendix â€“ Selling Gold Jewelry